Job Openings for the 2nd phase of Verbund.NRW published
11 PhD projects at RWTH Aachen University and Münster University of Applied Sciences
As an application-oriented graduate program the Forschungskolleg Verbund.NRW, has as its goal the investigation and further development of a sustainable, resource-efficient and recyclable use of complex, multifunctional composite materials and structures in the construction sector. In the program, eleven PhD students work together on current issues in the fields of technology, social and economic sciences. Verbund.NRW is characterized by its highly inter- and transdisciplinary orientation. Therefore, numerous practical actors from industry and society are involved in the work of the research training group.
The graduate positions are limited in time to maximal the programs run time and should be filled by 01 January 2020. The compensation follows TVL13. Applications can be submitted at the respective research institutions. The positions are subject to the final approval of the third-party funder.
The discipline specific job descriptions and respective contact persons can be found in the advertisement published here or at the job database of RWTH Aachen University:
- University degree (master or similar)
- Independent, structured, analytical approach to work, distinct communications skills and capacity for teamwork and a high degree of personal initiative
- Very good English and German skills and handling of common computer applications (Microsoft Office)
- Excitement and enthusiasm for the field of compound materials and for inter- and transdisciplinary research as well as knowledge integration
- Flexibility and high willingness to travel
- Qualification for scientific work and publishing
- active organization and contribution of seminars, workshops and conferences,
- work shadowing in companies and institutes of the graduate program,
- an intense knowledge exchange with the practical actors involved as well as
- intense technical exchange with other PhD students in Verbund.NRW